Monday, October 19, 2009

Why I'm glad I'm traveling today, Monday edition

Today marks the beginning of a one-month stretch where I have three business trips. Three! Ugh.

Even the fact that this week's trip is to Las Vegas doesn't help. I'm not a real fan of Vegas anyway -- a city built around drinking and gambling is not much fun for a pregnant woman who doesn't gamble. And I was just here with Hubby for a vacation (our first one ever without Littles) about two months ago, so everything I see here reminds me of him and makes me miss him even more than usual.

But it is what it is, so I might as well look on the positive side by starting a new series called "why I'm glad I'm traveling today."

So why am I glad I'm traveling today? I just enjoyed a lovely room service dinner, where I ordered exactly what I wanted (no debating over what would work best for sharing with a picky two-year-old) and did not hear a single "I don't want it!" "Want more milk!" "Want a spoon!" "No, want a little spoon!" "I'm all done! All done! ALL DONNNNNNNNNNNE!"

Meanwhile, I was on instant messenger with Hubby, who was having his own "room service" experience. That's what we jokingly call it when Littles tries to stall on going to bed by making fifty zillion requests over the video monitor. "I want water!" "I want my Cinderella!" "Yucky water!" "I want monkey!" "I need to go potty!"

I will say, my version of room service was a little more relaxing :) So that is why I am glad I am traveling today.

1 comment:

alrightguy said...

Today is wednesday and no matter what dad did, littles did the opposite. She was a little off but made it all better by ding the best after bath burrito ever. Burrito is when dad wraps a towel around her and picks her up like a burrito. then you put her back down on the flor and pull on the towel. she unrolls and laughs hysterically while saying again. Tonight it was "One more time."

I love my little girl!