Thursday, October 22, 2009

Why I'm glad I'm going home today!

Even if hotel room service is more relaxing than Littles' version, I must admit that I treasure those few extra moments that I get with her on her "room service" nights.

It's nice to have time in the morning to shower and blow-dry my hair, but I prefer having time to hear what Littles has to say over breakfast.

While watching the beautiful sunrise over Vegas yesterday morning, I was reminded of a Lone Star song:
"I've traveled here and everywhere,
Following my job.
I've seen the paintings from the air,
Brushed by the hand of God.
The mountains and the canyons reach
From sea to shining sea
But I can't wait to get back home
To the one He made for me.
'Cause everywhere I'll ever go
And everywhere I've been,
Nothing takes my breath away
Like my front porch looking in..."

And I can't wait to get back home to Hubby and Littles tonight! It's always the best part of traveling :)

No comments: