Monday, February 4, 2008

I think I lost my pumping buddy :(

As I mentioned in my last post, only about 25% of working moms continue breastfeeding past six months. As a result, I don't know many other moms who work and pump, at least not in real life. (I do frequent some Internet message boards where other work-and-pumpers hang out.)

So I was ridiculously excited a few weeks ago when I went to my company's new office for the first time and saw another woman's pump in the pump room. Someone else crazy enough to continue breastfeeding after going back to work!

I met my pumping buddy a few days later, as I was finishing up a pumping session and she was coming in to get started. Her name is Nina, and she has a five-month-old son. That day, she was getting ready to leave for her first business trip since becoming a mom. She was understandably nervous about it, particularly because, as she said, "I don't have a lot of milk left."

I've now been in the office for six straight business days, and no sign of Nina's pump. I'm guessing she quit pumping :(

And so, I'm alone in this craziness once again.

No comments: