Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Well that was different!

I just got to the office and was settling in to pump when I heard a knock on the door. I opened it and another woman was standing outside with a familiar-looking black bag on her shoulder. Another pumper!

We both needed to pump, and there are two chairs in the pump room, so we figured what the heck!

I will admit, it was a little weird pumping in front of someone other than my husband or daughter. (Or my friend Jamie, who came to visit when Littles was about 6 weeks old. But we were roommates in college, so she's seen my breasts before!) But it wasn't too bad.

We chatted a little bit, and it turns out that she works for one of my company's partners, which is why I haven't seen her around before. She has a son who is 11 days younger than Littles!

Despite the awkwardness, it is so nice to know that there's another mom out there pumping well into the second half of the first year.

No comments: