Monday, April 21, 2008

I am a fabulous mom!

I've been scouring craigslist for potential daycares for Littles in Dallas. I've found some good options. I've also found some ads that make me feel like Supermom.

Example:

I need someone twice a week from about 5p-10p (usually 9:30p)to pick my 2yr old child up from daycare and watch him in my home. Not much to do but get him ready for bed and feed him. TV is his actual sitter. Paid weekly. Please email with your rates and a little history. Great for college students.
TV is his actual sitter? For a two-year-old? Wow. Just wow.

Here's another gem, in an ad for an in-home daycare. The daycare itself sounds lovely, but my jaw dropped when I read this excerpt under "Rules":

Please do not bring any fast food for your child to eat unless you bring some for the other children. If you want your child to eat prior to being here please feed them before they get here. ( I did have a problem with one parent I babysit for because their child would not eat anything other than fast food and they would bring McDonald and the rest of the children didn't understand why they couldn't have it. I try and be fair to all of the children.)
Are you kidding me? There are parents who actually think it's acceptable to drop their children off at daycare with a sack of McDonald's every day? Boy, why have I been trying to make sure I always have some frozen veggies or something else wholesome and easy in the freezer for Maria to heat up for Littles? I should just stop off at Mickey D's in the morning and be done with it!