Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Six months back at work

I've been thinking about today, April 22nd, for a very long time.

As I mentioned in a previous post, I was told early on that I should give working motherhood six months. If six months went by and I was still unhappy, then I could think about making drastic changes (such as quitting my job).

So for week after miserable week, I just focused on making it to April 22nd -- six months back at work.

Now that I'm here, I can state definitively that no drastic changes will be made. I feel really good about the balance I've found between working and motherhood. Some days are better than others, but on the whole, I'm pretty happy.

I'm getting nervous about starting my new job. I'm sure that it will temporarily upset this delicate balance that I've finally found. But I'm ready for it!

2 comments:

alrightguy said...

Thats what you got me for babe!

Unknown said...

Its so difficult, but it will either work out or you will be a SAHM. :) 6 months is def a good time to wait to make that decision.