Wednesday, April 9, 2008

It's official!

I have a new job!

My trip to Seattle last week was actually for a job interview. (I kept it quiet until today, when I got the official offer, because I know my co-workers occasionally read this blog.) It's for a program manager position -- I'd actually have responsibility for shipping a piece of software that my company develops.

I'm really excited about it. It's a great fit for me, and a perfect "next step" in my career.

I am not as excited about the fact that it will require semi-regular travel up to Seattle, about 1-2 weeks per month. But relocating to Seattle just isn't right for our family right now. Plus, I think it will be good for Hubby and Littles to have some bonding time while I'm away!

Pumping will be a challenge, as always, but since my start date is not until May 5th, I'll be just a little over a month away from quitting pumping for good anyway.

There's some other exciting stuff going on, but again, I want to keep it quiet until everything is official :) Stay tuned...

No comments: