Friday, December 10, 2010

Recharging

I went through a training program for work about a month ago where, among many other things, we talked about "recharging" -- little things that we can do throughout the day to restore our physical/mental/emotional energy so that we can keep working through our to-do lists.

My favorite recharging ritual? As I posted previously, Littles currently goes to preschool from 9 AM-2 PM, while Hubby is home on paternity leave. When she gets home, I usually take 5 minutes to step away from my computer, give her a hug, talk to her about her day, ooh and ahh over anything she brought home with her, and maybe even read her a quick book before naptime. (Hers, not mine, unfortunately!) It gives me a nice little break, and I return to work refreshed and ready to tackle the last few hours of my day.

Hubby's paternity leave will be over in less than a month, and Littles will be back to full-time at preschool. I'll miss that little ritual.

No comments: