Wednesday, December 8, 2010

What I Wore Wednesday

My friend Ashley does a series on her blog called "What I Wore Wednesday." Each day, she takes a picture of her outfit for the day, and then on -- wait for it -- Wednesdays, she posts all the pictures from the week. She's been encouraging all her friends to participate as well, but... well, most weeks, I (shhhh!) rarely get out of my pajamas. I consider that to be a major perk of working from home!

But I had an onsite visit with a customer last week, and then I have meetings in the office this week and next week, so I do have to get out of my PJs. Booooooo. But that means I no longer have an excuse to skip out on WIWW. So here ya go, Ashley, this one is for you!

I will warn you upfront: I have no style at all. Stacy and Clinton from What Not To Wear would be horrified by my closet. Horrified. I'm cheap, which means I hate spending money on clothes. And working from home, I don't need a huge wardrobe. So I rarely buy new clothes. I've realized recently that a lot of my clothes were purchased when I was in college. Some, when I was in high school. Yikes. I also hate accessorizing, and I hate makeup. I just don't have time to deal with all that in the morning.

Is anyone still reading? OK. Here goes :)

Thursday: Onsite visit with customer

DSC09062

Shirt - Gap
Sweater - J. Crew (ugh, this lighting is awful. It's actually navy in color.)
Pants - J. Crew

Customer visits mean no jeans, sneakers, or flip flops. Oftentimes, if I'm visiting a customer for the first time, I'll err on the side of being more dressy than I need to be, and will put on a skirt and a nice shirt. But I had worked with this customer before and knew that a more casual look was fine.

I couldn't figure out a good way to take pictures of my shoes. I have two pairs of Skechers shoes (one black, one brown) that I usually wear when I go onsite. I wore the brown pair this day. When I'm not onsite, I'm usually in an old pair of running shoes.

Friday: Working from home
DSC09073

Shirt - Ironman race shirt :)
Jeans - Old Navy

I actually got out of my PJs today, because I did preschool drop-off for Littles. (Since Hubby is home on paternity leave, he's normally the one to do drop-offs and pick-ups.) I really could do drop-off in my PJs, because Littles' preschool does drop-offs from car line, so I don't even have to get out of the car... but I do try to get dressed anyway!

Saturday: Lacrosse coaching/playing
DSC09078

Jacket - Boathouse
Pants - Bacharach

The pants are actually from my college lacrosse team, but they match the colors of the school that I coach! It works out well! I usually wear jeans when coaching, but this day, I was playing as well. So I wore these pants with shorts underneath, and took the pants off when it was time to play.

Sunday: Christmas tree shopping
DSC09099

Sweater - Bass (I'm pretty sure I bought this sweater when I was in high school... maybe when I was a freshman in college)
Jeans - Gap

I had only one pair of jeans (the Old Navy pair I wore on Friday) until just a few weeks ago, when I bought this pair. They were originally $70, but they were marked down to $40. I also had a Groupon for $50 at Gap that I purchased for $25. Since I didn't get any money back if I didn't use the full value of the Groupon, I threw in a sweater to put me over $50. The sweater was originally $34.50, but on sale for 40% off. All told, I got a $70 pair of jeans and a $34.50 sweater for $36 total. Did I mention I'm cheap? Those are the kinds of deals I need to find before I'll buy new clothes!

Later Sunday: More lacrosse coaching
DSC09104

Shirt - Gildan
Jeans - Gap

I don't think you can really see, but on my shirt, it says "[School name] Lacrosse" and has two crossed lacrosse sticks. I put my Boathouse jacket over this.

Funny, it's really rare for me to wear my hair down when I'm coaching. I did this day, just because I had blow dried it to look decent in pictures while Christmas tree shopping, so I saw no reason to put it back for the games. All my lacrosse girls were like, "Coach, did you get a haircut?" I guess it looks a lot shorter down vs. in a ponytail!

Monday and Tuesday: I wasn't feeling well (I stayed home sick from work on Tuesday) so I had other priorities besides taking pictures of my outfits!

So there ya go! I'll try to do a little better next week at taking pictures every day!

No comments: