Thursday, May 29, 2008

Denial

I'm in denial about the fact that we're moving. I guess normally, there's a lot of preparation that goes into a move -- you know, like packing. But Hubby's company is paying for this whole move, so we have packers/movers coming to do all that. Our house looks totally normal right now. I have to remind myself that in just 8 days, it'll be empty.

I think Littles knows something is up, because when I picked her up today, she reached out for Maria -- something she's never done before. Maria got a sad look on her face and said, "Just one more week." That's when it really started to hit me that we're leaving.

I am sure some people would shake their heads and say, "How awful that Littles would rather be with Maria than her own mom." But I disagree. I know Littles loves me. I know she's very attached to Maria as well, and I think that's a wonderful thing. As far as I'm concerned, the more people in her life who love her, and who she loves back, the better off she is.

But boy, it does make leaving tough.

No comments: