Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Stay out of the minibar!

I have to go up to Seattle next week for work. Since Hubby has already relocated to Dallas, that means that Littles needs to come along with me.

Luckily, as I mentioned previously, I recently discovered that my company provides up to 100 hours of backup child care per calendar year. All I have to do is give Work Options Group a call or submit a request online, and they'll find either a daycare center that allows drop-ins or an in-home caregiver. They're nationwide, so I can get care in Seattle just as easily as at home. I love this service! If you're in charge of benefits at a company and you want to keep your working moms (and dads!) happy, you might want to look into this one.

Anyway. For next week, I'll have an in-home caregiver for Littles, since they couldn't locate a daycare center in the area that will take an infant on a drop-in basis. Of course, that means the caregiver will have to come to my hotel, so they sent me a form with some Yes/No questions to answer. These include: "My dependent may order games and/or movies on the television," "My dependent may use the Internet," and "My dependent may order food and/or snacks or beverages from room service or in-room mini bar."

I'm just imagining Littles kicking back on the couch, watching a movie, surfing the Internet, and downing a mini-bottle of vodka :)

No comments: