Monday, March 24, 2008

Poopy day

Sigh.

Littles started off this morning with a massive poop, and it just went downhill from there.

I have a team meeting in San Francisco today, so I nursed Littles and fixed her breakfast and then handed her off to Hubby. Hubby was already mad at me because I forgot to tell him about the team meeting (and therefore my need for him to be at home till 8:30, when he could leave Littles with Maria) until yesterday.

Littles is in a serious separation anxiety phase, so I knew I had to make sure she was distracted if I needed to leave her. Hubby took her and gave her some mango for breakfast, which she happily chowed down on while I snuck upstairs to finish getting ready. Score!

I came back downstairs, almost ready to walk out the door, and remembered I left my cell phone in the office upstairs. With no time to distract Littles, I ran upstairs and hoped for the best. She started wailing the moment I left her sight. Sigh.

It took me maybe 15 seconds to grab my cell phone and run back downstairs, but Littles was already pissed and took a huge handful of mango and threw it on the floor. Breakfast was clearly done, and I just tried to get the rest of my stuff together as quickly as possible so I could get out the door before she got totally worked up.

I had just grabbed my bags when the phone rang. Caller ID showed it was Maria. Uh-oh. Just what I need, for her to be sick today.

Hubby talked to her -- she can't get to our house until 9 AM today. She's normally punctual and so we really can't fault her for being a little late one day... but why today, of all days? I asked Hubby if it was OK for him to stay later, and he just glared at me and told me to get going. I did, listening to Littles fuss until I walked out the front door.

I think hit every single red light between our home and the BART station. Parking at Dublin/Pleasanton BART is impossible on weekdays. Luckily, I did find a spot, but it was practically in a different zip code. I had six minutes to make it to the station to make my train. I threw on my backpack, slung my pump bag over my head, and ran.

I made it. Whew. Maybe this day is getting better.

Or maybe not. I was going to grab breakfast on my way up to the office, but I just realized I left my wallet at home.

No comments: