Thursday, March 27, 2008

Where I pumped today. Third in a series.

I've been onsite for most of this week at my "main" customer.

Finding the time and a place to pump during onsite customer visits is always a challenge -- I often end up not pumping at all during the workday, or pumping in the bathroom. My situation at this particular customer is better than anywhere else, because I come here so often that 1) I have located their pump room and 2) they've given me an official contractor's badge with full office access (very important, because the pump room is on a different, secured floor from where I usually work, and so it would be a huge pain if I had to ask someone to let me in each time).

The room is pretty cozy:


The sink is a nice touch -- I can rinse out my pump parts when I'm done, without having to walk them over to a bathroom. I like the comfy chair, although I do miss the table from my San Francisco office. That's a fridge under the counter, but I don't use it. The sign on the door says "This refrigerator is not for food," and I figure breastmilk is food for Littles, right? So that means it doesn't belong in there. Silly, I know!

Anyway, this sure beats pumping in a bathroom.

1 comment:

alrightguy said...

Babe, what room are you in when you are pumping? That sign is in case a dufus like me walks in thinking they can put their lunch in there for you. So intelligent yet so... Dee, dee, dee!