Sunday, March 9, 2008

Pumping heaven

I was onsite this week with my "main" customer. About 75% of my time is dedicated to this customer, while all the rest of my customers take up the remaining 25%. Up till this week, I'd been working with these guys mostly remotely, so pumping wasn't an issue.

On Monday, I was only onsite for half the day, so I was able to pump while driving to the site and then again while driving home.

On Tuesday, I found a "touchdown" room, which worked OK as a pumping room. Key feature: The door locked from the inside. It did have a window to the hallway outside, but the window was frosted about 6 or 7 feet up, so people would've had to really try to look in and see me. I put my nursing cover on and felt fairly safe.

On Wednesday, I found pumping heaven.

I was wandering around on a floor that I hadn't been on before, trying to find a meeting, when I came across the room directly above the "touchdown" room I'd used the day before. This room was labeled "Health Room" and what caught my eye was that the window was frosted all the way from floor to ceiling. I peeked inside and noticed that in addition to the lock-from-the-inside door, the room had a refrigerator, a sink, and a comfortable chair. Clearly intended to be a pumping room.

This made my week. Sad but true.

No comments: